My husband got a call today. He is now scheduled for a phone interview on Monday regarding one of his employment prospects in New Orleans.
I am hyperventilating and shaking and my heart is beating way too fast for just sitting here at a desk, as I am right this moment. Holy…wow. How exciting. I hope it goes well and ends in success. We made the agreement not too long ago that, if even just ONE of us lands work down there, off we go. If he gets this, off we go. That would give me a better advantage in my own job search, being locally present there.
So. If he gets this. Off we go. 2 weeks? 3 weeks? That would depend on how much leeway they’re willing to give him, in terms of turning around and giving his current job decent notice…plus time to pack up and get our butts and our dog and our stuff transported down there.
That would also determine how much notice I’m able to give my own boss. This part stresses me out – I’ve been here for over a decade, long enough that I don’t want to just walk out the door and leave them hanging. Of course, 2 weeks is normal, and that would be alright. 3 would be preferable. You see, there is no cross-training over here. No one in this office knows how to do my job(s) – getting someone in here and at least very-initially trained by yours truly is a high priority. It can be done. I am also not willing to postpone departure for TOO long. My game plan is fairly balanced, however. It will work out.
Anyway. I don’t want to talk too much about it, because I don’t want to jinx it. It’s just very suddenly brought to light how quickly things can potentially happen, along with all of the things that need to be accomplished before we make our exit.
Excited. Terrified. Hopeful. Scared. Exhilerated. And more Hopeful.